Tips for Staying Safe This Summer
The summer of COVID-19 will bring smaller than usual gatherings with family and friends including BBQs and outdoor celebrations. Unfortunately, the summer of COVID-19 will also bring irritating mosquitos, bugs, and ticks that will bug you and your guests.
Always remember to protect yourself and guests by limiting the number of bugs on your property. Mosquitos are known to carry various viruses and pathogens and ticks bring diseases that harm both you and your pets. Mosquitos and ticks will not be social distancing this summer and we don’t want to risk any co-infections with COVID-19 already being a threat.
Below are 8 tips to help limit the amount of mosquitos found on your property.
- Drill holes in the bottom, not the sides, of garbage and recycling containers stored outdoors to avoid pooling water.
- Keep gutters clean and unclogged.
- Keep swimming pools cleaned and chlorinated, even when not in use.
- Walk around your property after a rain and look for areas in the landscape that are not draining well.
- Ornamental ponds should be aerated to keep water moving and discourage mosquitoes from laying eggs.
- Dump anything that holds water twice per week if it has rained such as birdbaths, non-chlorinated wading pools, garbage can lids, pottery, and flowerpot saucers. Don’t leave water in pet bowls for more than two days.
- Keep the property clean of items that can hold water including discarded aluminum cans, plastic containers etc.
- Use personal protection products when outside at dusk and dawn.
If you’re looking to limit the number of bugs found on your property, East End Tick and Mosquito Control® is here for you with several different mosquito control and tick control options, so please give us a call today so that we can schedule a free consultation. For those living near Southampton, please call (631) 287-9700. If you are closer to East Hampton, please call (631) 324-9700. And if you reside near Southold, please call (631) 765-9700. You can always email us as well. We look forward to hearing from you!